Lo.Co Movie Night
While we are strong advocates for going Lo.Co as a family, there are moments we can take advantage of our era of technology and spend time together with family movie night. A cozy night in, with all other screens off, tucked safely away in the Lo.Co device bag, watching a family favorite with a homemade snack, can be a great way to spend quality-time together.
In a perfect world, we would all eat healthy snacks during movie night, but life is about balance! So, for this movie night, we have prepared a simple recipe that you can easily make with toddlers and up. Let’s go ahead and put aside any strict rules for the night and make a fun movie snack with some healthy elements.
Family Movie Night Snack Bar:
- Dried Fruit - Think strawberries, apples or anything your family loves
- Chocolate-coated candies
- Chocolate covered raisins or yogurt covered raisins
- Gummy candies (whatever your family favorites are - we happen to love anything SOUR!)
- Chips (if your family tends to love the salty, sweet combo)
Go ahead and set out all ingredients in separate bowls with spoons, buffet style and let your family make-up their favorite combinations!
Some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Making popcorn in a large pan will help to control the ingredients and allows you to make a larger batch.
- Use smaller bowls and spoons for the sides, to help control the amount your kids add to their creative snacks
- When adding dried fruits, larger dried fruits can easily be cut down with kitchen knives to keep them bite size.
- This list is meant to give you some creative ideas. You change-up the snack bar ingredients by making it seasonal, movie themed or anything else you guys may be into at the time.
We hope you enjoy these ideas on how to create a fun and interactive snack bar for your families next movie night in and device free. Every opportunity to go Lo.Co as a family is a treasured moment.
Make sure to share your successful move nights with us, by using the hashtag #LoCoMovieNights for a chance to be featured on our website!