• Pickup garbage at the park, neighborhood, school or any surrounding areas. Bring supplies such as plastic garbage bags and heavy safety gloves. You could do it alone or with an organized group of family/friends. This is a kindness activity to help the environment and your community.
• Wash someone’s car for them. Everyone knows that hand washing a car is the best way to really get it clean but it can be time consuming. So, take a bit of time to help someone out instead of writing “WASH ME!” on the back window. :)
• Create a hanging basket with seasonal flowers for lots of sun exposure and give it to a neighbor and/or loved one. You could just drop it off at their doorstep with a note. This will bloom happiness.
• Sweep or power wash your neighbor’s driveway and/or walkway.
• Get together with other members in your neighborhood/community and put up a lemonade and/or ice tea stand to help raise funds to support local organizations. How sweet!
• Press flower between wax paper in your favorite book. Then give that book to someone with a note on the same page as the pressed flowers. Describe why you like the book and maybe the name of the flower(s).
Fall Kindness Activities
Winter Kindness Activities
Spring Kindness Activities
Other Random Acts of Kindness
• Compliment a stranger’s outfit
• Smile at someone you don’t know
• Pay for someone in the drive through behind you
• Drop off some goods to a homeless shelter
• Say thank you to someone who has helped you out
• Give credit to a coworker at work
• Leave a 20% tip at a restaurant
• Write a short and sweet note. Slip it under someone’s pillow, in their lunchbox, on their desk, etc. You could sign it with your name or keep it anonymous. It will make someone smile for sure.
• Put money in another person’s parking meter if it's about to run out.
• Tape $5 to someone’s phone with a note - so they could get coffee, ice cream or any treat. This will also remind them to take a little time to go Lo.Co (Life On. Cell Off™) and take a break.
• Volunteer at a local organization. It could just be one time, weekly or monthly. Whatever fits your schedule. Organizations appreciate your time. If you need to find an organization, search the internet for something you are compassionate about that is close by. And/or, donate some money toward the charity.